Tuesday, November 27 / 10AM - 5PM
Location: Center for Architecture, 536 LaGuardia Place, New York CityPrice: $150/$1256.0 LU / 6.0 HSW
Using prepared modeled examples, this course will provide a practical understanding of current energy modeling programs, workflows, and analyses for design project team members. Analyses will include early design sensitivity studies, later design analyses that support client proposals, and energy modeling to meet requirements for code compliance and LEED certification. Participants will learn and apply early design workflows that provide performance feedback for projects that seek to meet and exceed minimum energy code requirements.
Participants will receive in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience related to:
- The purposes and aims of energy modeling
- Overview of basic energy modeling principles
- The “world of metrics” and choosing the right study for the right purpose
- Interpretations of common energy modeling graphics
- How to interpret climate into useful design criteria and generate climate-related graphics
- Analysis of building massing
- Construction of a Test-Box energy model
- Walk-through of additional examples with Q & A, including the generation of graphics for client meetings and marketing to the public
Instructor:Chris Mackey, Co-Founder and Lead Developer, Ladybug Tools LLC
- Laptop computer with the following software: Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, GHPython, Ladybug Tools, OpenStudio 2.5
- Some familiarity with Ladybug and Honeybee
Organized by:AIANY Committee on the Environment
recently shared two products that he created while using Rhino, "Rhino has been a major tool for my creative expression.
Inspired by water as a concept, Berk Ilhan designed a delightful series of glassware products for Pasabahce’s
Omnia Special 2017 Collection.
A mirror that unlocks with a smile. The Smile Mirror is a smart mirror with the purpose to uplift people and cultivate joy. The non-reflective, frosted surface becomes a mirror when someone smiles at it. Check out the website to see it work.